Thursday, July 19, 2018

Spring Quilting 2018

Earlier this year I asked my sister in Texas what she was working on with her quilting and she sent me some pictures of really bright fabrics and I knew I had to join in. This quilt is Postcards from Sweden and is a free pattern from Robert Kaufman and Jeliquilts, made with  Kona cottons.
I searched on Etsy and found a site where I could order the fabrics needed and in 3 or 4 days began the quilt! 
 The fabrics were all labeled with the color and number and all was very organized with making this quilt from the pattern. We swirled our seams and made the quilt come out very flat.

 And accurate!

 A little swirly quilting and then it was finished.

 This quilt is Retro Rug Quilt and was a kit I bought at Houston Quilt Festival last year. It went together so easily and again, I enjoyed the fun bright colors - all Kaffes!


I found some interesting leftover fabrics in my stash and pieced them for the backing.

 I saw this quilt in Quiltmania Magazine 124, called Fruit Slices, and wanted to try and recreate it with my own fabrics. These are from a fabric grouping.
 I particularly liked the pink sashing and green cornerstones that separated all the ovals.
 I chose all these fabrics from my stash - except the pink and green which I ordered and began cutting. I used the starch method for appliqué so it's been very easy sewing.
These are my fabrics laid out before I began stitching. I'm now down to my last row of easy appliqué.
And then here is a totally different type of quilt - Mini Havana - designed by Laura Heine. Again, I could not resist at the Houston Quilt Festival so the whole kit came home with me. Quite fun to make and here is the finish!
I will be doing more of this type of quilting in the future!
 My Primitive Garden is still in the making - six years later. I am working on the last large border but at least got the center put together. Don't you love these tiny stars?? They finish at 2" square but I decided they would be worth it in the sashing.
This is the center of my Primitive Garden quilt, the pattern is by Lisa Bongean.
China Shop is now hanging in the stairwell so I can view it every day as I come up to sew!
 I made a round tablecloth using all Kaffe and Friends fabrics in my stash. The old and the new still went together so well.
This was the Turning Twenty Again pattern by Tricia Cribbs. Always goes together well!

No comments: