Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Going in Circles - Finished!

 Another completed UFO!! This quilt is about 24" x 24" so even the binding was easily completed quickly. I tried to follow Carol Taylor's instructions for the machine quilting - on my domestic sewing machine. However, I ran into problems (operator error) as I had some excess fabric which kept getting moved ahead and did not quilt out. Needless to say, after sewing so much, I was not taking the quilting out so I continued on......with some little 'tucks' on the front. Maybe I'll try another quilt like this again and use my long arm template for circular quilting (that I do not own yet).
 Here is a close-up! I love the fabrics and colors and am delighted with the overall look!
 I must conquer piecing curves!!
I just really like fun backs on quilts and this one makes me smile! Just a leftover piece from another quilt.
And a close-up! I am being inspired by Rosemary Young with all her quilt finishes these last few months! Stitch when you can!!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I can't imagine using a walking foot with feed dogs down. I wonder if that was a typo. Maybe spray basting or fusible batting would be a good choice for circular quilting. I have been meaning to try it on a small project.

Pinkadot Quilts said...

I love it! So cool and curvey, the back is awesome too!

Nancy said...

Very nice Judy, I like your quilted circles.