Monday, September 1, 2014

Quick Medallion Quilt

 It all started Saturday afternoon with these fabrics which had been residing in a plastic shoe box, just waiting for the perfect pattern.
This Villa Rosa Designs would be the one!
 I tried a couple of combinations of fabrics for the center and inner border
and chose this one!
Here is one layout I had early on but then decided the burgundy paisleys were too dark and took away from the border. I find my camera to be one of my best tools for looking at my quilts and seeing what needs to be moved or taken out.
Here is the final quilt top! Made in just a few hours! It is 54" x 63". I enhanced the colors on my computer so it brightened it up a bit. How fun is this??!! Makes me want to take another fabric combination and try it again! Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I just love that quilt and its' vibrant colors!! Nice work!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

What a beautiful combination of fabrics! Very nice!

Dawn said...

That is a nice happy quilt!

Stevey said...

Do you know the line of fabrics you used?