Friday, November 12, 2010

Dr. Seuss Quilt

Okay, here is the finished Dr. Seuss quilt! It is a 'loud' quilt I must say, but maybe it will help the baby be more alert as he searches for all these colors and patterns. I actually took one row off the top because it seemed to large when I got it finished but it is still about 56" square.
Here is a close-up of the quilting and fabric. I used a variegated thread in primary colors and the hurricane pantograph.
The circles are the backing and the binding is the rainbow on the bias - a fun quilt to make!!

6 comments:

LuAnn said...

I love the Dr. Suess quilt, and I don't think it is too loud at all. The baby will love it especially when he is old enough to listen to them read one of the Dr. Suess books to him. One of the things I kept from my children's childhood is the Dr. Suess books. And, it's nice to see you in your photo.

Tonya Ricucci said...

that is a blast, fabulous for a baby!

Julie said...

Thanks for posting! I'm using this as the inspiration for a baby quilt I'm making for a friend. We looked at several Seuss baby quilts on the web and she really liked your design.

Stephanie said...

any chance you would be willing to sell the pattern for the dr. seuss baby quilt?

The Triple Js said...

Do you have a pattern for the dr. suess quilt

judith lockhart said...

Jennifer, I do not have your email (it was a no-reply blogger) so I will reply on my blog. The pattern I used for the Dr. Seuss quilt is "All About Me" by Atkinson Designs. It is shown on another post I have about this Dr. Seuss quilt, if you will click on Dr. Seuss under my Labels, you can see it.