Friday, January 10, 2014

Happily Quilting in the New Year!

 This little baby quilt is for a great nephew to be born any day. Fortunately, I got it in the mail this week before his arrival. That one was down to the wire. All I was told was that it was a nautical theme so I chose sailboats, polka dots, sea creatures and found a fun border at Intown Quilters.
 Here's a little close-up - I'm glad I chose to do the striped border on the bias - it just adds to the quilt I think.
 I had enough fabric/blocks left from the quilt I made for my daughter at Christmas to make another whole quilt. It went together quite easily since the blocks were already put together. I used up almost every single bit of the fabric - I like that!
 This is for some friends of ours that really need a 'hug' this week. I put a flannel backing for warmth also.
Here's another block that is prepped for stitching of my Primitive Garden quilt. Slow but sure. I got the pieces bonded yesterday so it's ready for some stitching . . . sometime!
Happy New Year and hope you are finding time to stitch a bit also!

4 comments:

Pinkadot Quilts said...

Your baby quilt is so cute! They are going to love it. The Primitive Stitches are so pretty, great colors!

Diane said...

Hi Judy, your quilts are so lively and fun! You are so talented....

Cher said...

love ! that baby quilt it is so cheerful..all your quilts are wonderful

Cher said...

love ! that baby quilt it is so cheerful..all your quilts are wonderful