Monday, March 8, 2010

Cylus' Baby Quilt

It's been a while since I've posted but have mostly been busy doing customer quilts, which sometimes does not leave much time for my own, but what can I say? I have some great customers and beautiful quilts to do!
This is a recent baby quilt I made. Their baby theme was the little animals but done in pastels. I did not want to duplicate their baby quilt so found these colorful fabrics at Sweet Home Quilt Co. in Conyers and put together my own. The neat thing is the panel already has four narrow borders so I added one more and then put the wonky squares as the sashing then the striped border. It was fun to make.
Here is a close up of the quilting. I used a pantograph called Hurricane with a variegated King Tut thread. Click on the picture for a good close up view!

No comments: