Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Trip to the Zoo!

 This is another one of those fun quilts from Villa Rosa Designs called Mojave. I saw it at a quilt shop in Florida last year and bought the kit for $29 it was so cute!
 It was also SO easy to sew together!
 Very simple blocks, large pieces of the theme fabric and some squares around the quilt for the border.
 I quilted it with the pantograph "Amaze Me", which looks like a maze or puzzle pieces to follow. I noticed my 3 year old grandson following the actual quilt design on one of his quilts a couple of weeks ago. That was fascinating to me that he would even notice the quilting, but he did.
I tried my hand again at sewing the binding on the machine for both sides. It is acceptable, but I still need to improve on it.

1 comment:

LuAnn said...

I love those fabrics. Cute quilt.