Saturday, April 14, 2018

Jake & Lacey's Quilt Designs

I've let the grandchildren design their own quilts on my design wall and here is their latest! We stretched this one out a bit as what they can put up on the design wall in 45 minutes can give me a week's worth of work!!
 This is Jake's quilt! As he stated to his Mom, "It has a pattern to it". That was important to him. He was six at the time of this designing. It was neat how if he did not have enough of one fabric for his rows, he was okay with substituting something similar.
I found this great border fabric that I had been saving for a long time and it was just the right amount for the borders and the back.
 Lacey is not as concerned about order as she is having fun. She did choose all her fabrics also - she is five. She did notice how the flower in the vase turned out matching near the center.
 Here is her back - other fabrics I had on hand and her border was leftover bindings that worked with her quilt colors.
I did a freehand swirl on hers.
Swirls from the front!
Another Flower Garden block finished!!
I love the colors of this quilt!! Imagine that!! This is from Kaffe Fassett's book, Quilts from Italy. There are at least two in the book I want to make. For this one, however, I am making it a smaller size so it can be a wallhanging in our family room. It just looks like spring to me!
Happy Quilting and stitch when you can!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love that quilt in the Kaffe book too. I liked his first version of it in pink and blue in Glorious Patchwork too.

Nancy said...

Both quilts turned out really cute. You amaze me with what you find in your stash.