Thursday, September 8, 2011

All Squared Up Again!

I found these blocks that I made probably 3 years ago. They were neatly stashed away in a plastic bag with the 'kit' that I had made. It began with some 10 1/2" squares I had purchased and then I cut more of my own to go with those and cut them using the pattern from the Quilt Sampler magazine below. This is the second quilt I've made with this pattern, it's so easy and fun to do. Here is the first quilt I made with this pattern.
Above are the blocks that I've gotten going but after I made these, I decided I needed to get more organized with my fabric choosing.
You take the 10 1/2" square and cut it up in a way that there is very little waste and each square represents one block. So, below, I sorted the fabrics all by color and began putting the blocks together.
Just looking for contrast and compatibility mostly. I had so many similar fabrics that I finally had to add some more to get more contrast, plus it gave me a few more blocks.
The blocks will end up 8" square and as you can see, be a very bright quilt! Happy Quilting today!

No comments: