Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Spring 2016

It's been a while since I blogged so I'm going to pick up where I left off in March. Life has been busy and it's easy not to blog or think no one is reading anyway with so much other social media. But, this also helps me keep up with my quilting to see when I made things so here goes!!
 This is my stack of circles I worked on early in the year. I finally realized I was getting little else done even though I liked the project so stopped at around 100, which will make a nice wall hanging. This was from Quilty Folk.
 Our quilt group had a retreat at Mexico Beach, Florida, since one of our members moved there to retire. We had a great area for sewing - the clubhouse of the neighborhood. Only four of us were able to be there so we missed the others but were able to share with texting, etc. Above is one of the blocks from my Sarah Fielke BOM 2016 - Happy Days. 
 Here is Jane on the left showing her Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt from last year - Allietare. She did the smaller version and even did the scalloped border - it looks beautiful! Gerry is on the right holding it with her.
 We went to a quilt shop in Panama City, Quilting by the Bay! That was fun!
Here was a display when you walked in the door!!
 
 We made it to the beach one day.
 Gerry was stylish in her hat as she sewed her red and white quilt. 
 Jane with her pretty pineapples!!
One of Wonda's projects had these pretty stars around the border.
 More of my Sarah Fielke BOM. 
And one more block - this is going to be a bright and busy quilt!

No comments: