Here is Allietare, the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2015. It was supposed to be my February finish and it came close. All is done but the binding and I must find a red that works and just haven't gotten that purchased. I went scrappy on my narrow gold border but I want the binding to be one fabric.
Here is the appliqué! More circles - these are just a few I've sewn. Think I'm up to about 45 now and I began on February 28. My goal is to make 366 this year so I am playing catch up. Just can't help needing to have it all in one year.............crazy, isn't it?? They are fun and easy though.
I am now moving into my Kaffe Fassett box as can be seen on the top right and bottom left. The bottom left is one of my favorites. It was used in Lollypop Trees and I think even reprinted years later. The tulips on the bottom right - of which I have about seven color ways, were a Jeffrey Gutcheon fabric from the early nineties I think. I just loved all those pretty tulips.
Here is some finished appliqué from my Sarah Fielke BOM, Happy Days. I used the starch method for appliqué so it's a good bit of prep time but it sure makes it easy to stitch once you get that done.
Here are more waiting to be stitched. It was fun choosing all the colorful leaves and arranging them.
I used a very unusual background - low volume - which I still wonder about but in the grand scheme of things, I think it will be fine. It's going to be a large quilt and these are just a few wreaths along the borders.
This is the pieced block for the second month. A challenge to put together but I am happy with the results.
One day I had the idea of making two BOM quilts so I pulled fabrics together and came up with this block. Once I received all the appliqué on the second month, I came back to reality and said no. I have way too many other things to finish but I like the block. I'll figure out somewhere to use it one day!