Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Bible Quilt Completed

 Here is my finished Bible Quilt. This was a pattern by Jan Patek in the late nineties.
 Some more close-ups.
 I loved it when I showed my 5 year old grandson some of the blocks and he could identify the stories in the quilt!


I like pretty quilt backings and I really liked the colors of this floral - not sure if it's a Kaffe fabric or Philip Jacobs. I happened to have just enough of the plaid on hand to cut on the bias and use for the border. My first UFO completed for 2016!!

4 comments:

Kyle said...

Congrats on your finish. Its a charming quilt with all the plaid fabrics. Love Joesph's coat and the backing fabric is truly joyful. What's on the list next?

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I remember when that pattern came out. We were heavily into the Red Wagon books and patterns at that time and Jan was one of those Red Wagon ladies. That quilt was a lot of work and turned out great!

That looks like a Phil Jacobs fabric on the back. I have some in a different colorway.

Nancy said...

Just beautiful Judy, The sashing polka dot fabric really makes it pop.

Kaja said...

Your work is beautiful! I haven't seen this pattern before but I love it, so congratulations on a great finish. Funnily enough I am just using that red stripy fabric in something else. Y