Friday, July 3, 2015

Black & White Quilts

I finished up the Black and White BOM for 2010 recently. Here is a picture of it on a bed.

 And a close up.
 This is another black and white quilt I made several years ago. I want to show how some of the black and whites have faded. 
 These were all quilt shop quality fabrics.
Most often I have had the quilt turned over so it would not get too much sun and the blinds closed as it is in a guest room but even so, a good bit of fading. I'll just say it gives it character!!
Here is another black and white quilt for a great nephew to be born very soon. When I asked for the colors and theme of the baby's room, I was told told black and white fabrics, tee pees, arrows and swiss crosses, so this is what I came up with. A little traditional in layout . . .
 This is a little closer up with the backing showing
and this is really close up. I used EQ7 to make my pattern and quilt layout. 
Happy Fourth of July!!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

On your photo of the fading, I think I recognize a Guthcheon print. All of the Gutcheon prints have faded in my quilts.

Cindy said...

I haven't seen many black and whites and I like them! Thanks for sharing!