Monday, January 12, 2015

Stitching in 2015



For those not familiar with the Dear Jane quilts or Jane A. Stickle quilt, here is the cover. There are 225 blocks and the center blocks are 4.5" finished. The border triangles are 5" x 8" finished. Quite a quilt and of course made by hand 150 years ago. I am continuing on with my Dear Jane journey this year and here are some blocks I've completed recently.


This is one of the triangle border blocks.


 All my Dear Jane blocks for now.
I got a little appliqué done on my Flower Garden quilt, pattern by Kim McLean. It has been waiting for years to be stitched. I'm just a little behind . . . . .
Here is another new book that really interests me. The 1718 Coverlet. And can you believe, most of the blocks are also 4.5" finished. Anyway, it's a future possibility but just thought I'd share the book. Happy Quilting!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Those Dear Jane blocks have so many pieces. Glad your making it and not me.