Thursday, July 17, 2014

WIP

 My Words to Live by is coming along. All pieced EXCEPT the last border which has those hundreds of half square triangles to sew together plus four more pretty appliqué blocks in the corners.
 After getting this far, I just needed something quick and easy to work on. I will say the HST's ended up very accurate using the triangles on a roll paper. I am having a hard time knowing how to press them best so they will all lay flat. With those in the center, I pressed the seam allowances between the rows open. Any more suggestions? 
 Here is the FUN project for now! Under the Big Top 2. These fabrics are leftovers from a baby quilt I made last summer for a great nephew. This will be a charity quilt.
 I really love working with scraps like this. Just take the leftovers - lay them out - and see what comes to mind. I had so many cool triangles leftover that I began sewing them together. 
 What would be the best layout?
 I sewed them very similar to the original quilt but didn't have quite enough to go around the border. No problem!!!
I improvised and filled in with some other leftover fabric. I pieced a backing and now it's waiting to be quilted. . . more when that is finished!

3 comments:

The Tea Lady's Journal said...

Your Words to Live by is so gorgeous. Absolutely beautiful. I love the colors. Your second little quilt is really cute and fun.

Pinkadot Quilts said...

What a stunning quilt, it will be worth all those HSTs!
The circus quilt is adorable, I love that fabric.

Nancy said...

Great job making all those HSTs. Not looking forward to those.
Sweet little circus quilt.