Tuesday, March 4, 2014

More Farmer's Wife Blocks

Here are just a few more of my Farmer's Wife Blocks. They are like eating potato chips - you just can't quit with one! I am using several different techniques, just depending on the difficulty of the block. For the top left block, I used paper piecing with freezer paper. I have the Electric Quilt cd for these blocks, so when they are simple, I just rotary cut them, according to their directions, or print for paper piecing. For many of these blocks, the Marti Michell templates work best as there are odd shapes or sizes, so now I have all the acrylic templates needed to make those and they fit together very well. Again, one of my favorite parts of these blocks is choosing the fabrics!! 

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Pretty blocks. You do such a good job picking fabrics.

Pinkadot Quilts said...

They are coming out great. I agree they are like potato chips!