Friday, June 28, 2013

A Little Wool Stitching

I have finally gotten my first block of the Primitive Garden quilt completed from Primitive Gatherings Quilt Shop. Just a little behind the BOM that began last August but who's counting - LOL?? Obviously, I am not.
 The close-ups!
 I really enjoy this wool stitching!
Sewing the 'twine' holding the flowers was interesting and a little challenge for me to begin with but by the third one, it was a piece of cake!
 The Valdani variegated threads always add a special touch, too.
 And one more from the first 'block'. It was a rather large block for starters!
Here is Block 2 - Red Geraniums!
And another close-up!
 Now this is a completely different project - can you tell? It is the SBOW (Summer Block of the Week) from Primitive Gatherings. I just finished mine from last year so I could begin another. 
I'm still missing one of the threads so the stems are not completed yet. There are 12 blocks with words then more blocks and border to go. So far it's still a mystery what it will be but Lisa Bongean doesn't usually disappoint with her projects!
Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Judy, these are all so beautiful. You have really gotten a lot done.

Donna~~ said...

Your wool stitching is beautiful. I've never tried it--always admire it though!