Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

I can hardly believe that 2012 is coming to a close and 2013 is almost here. Where did the time go? I think I always feel this way and time seems to move faster every year. 2012 has been wonderful and our family has been truly blest.

I don't make New Year's Resolutions but I do set goals to accomplish in the New Year. I'll start with some quilts I'd like to complete in 2013. Some are so close and others will take months to finish but I enjoy lists - making them and checking things off - so here goes. At least it is something to work towards with my quilting.

1.   Evelyn's Album - Summer BOW
2.   Chelsea Wallhanging
3.   Easy Street Mystery Quilt
4.   Bright Baby Quilt for Lacey
5.   Rocky Mountain Puzzle Quilt - Summer BOW
6.   Flower Pots Applique Quilt
7.   Fuschia and Yellow Mile a Minute Strippy Quilt
8.   Little Houses Quilt
9.   Peaches and Green Contemporary Quilt
10. Christmas BOM Quilt
11. Batik Baby Quilt
12. Evening Blooms - Country Inn

A couple of these quilt tops are ready for quilting but others have a long way to go for completion. At least it's in black and white now and I can refer to the list and hopefully check them all off this year.

What I mostly want to accomplish with quilting in 2013 is to work more improvisationally and liberated. I see so many quilts I'd like to make but I also love the challenge of working and playing with fabric and just seeing "what if"? We never know until we try.

Happy New Year and may God richly bless you in 2013! A New Year, a new slate, new goals! How exciting!

No comments: