Thursday, March 24, 2011

Design Wall

This is what is on my design wall today. Lots of Kaffe Stripes - some collected in the nineties from when he first made them. I bought a bundle at a quilt show we had in North Augusta and never seemed to get around to using them. Others have been added in more recent times. Plus, there are some borders to go around this once I get it sewn. The quilt is called Arrow Feathers from Kaffe's book, Quilt Romance.
This photo is the center medallion of a quilt on my UFO list. I've had it folded neatly away for years, waiting to be quilted. It is called "Sky Blue Pink Quilt" and is from Kaffe Fassett's Caravan of Quilts book. Just waiting for the binding now. One of my favorite quilts - I love the busyness of it and all the unusual fabrics put together. Actually, I made it exactly as it was shown in the book so that was fun!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Two beautiful quilts. I love the stripes the way they look dimensional you would never know the quilt is flat.

LuAnn said...

I love the quilts Judith. You have a great collection of stripes there.

Meredith said...

The medallion quilt has great color in it. I bet you will be happy once it is completed