Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Lollypops, Lollypops, Lifesaver Lollypops!

Wasn't there a commercial for Lifesaver Lollypops a few years ago? It seems to ring in my head when I type lollypops. My friend, Ille Waters and I decided to take on a giant applique project a little over a year ago. It is available at Glorious Color and is called Lollypop Trees by Kim McLean. It is mostly using Kaffe Fassett fabrics which we really like and we have done a lot of examining the pictures to make ours look very close to the designer's quilt. This is 'Block 8', according to our numbering, but we've skipped around so actually I have 9 completed! Over half........however there are many little blocks in the border with applique, too.

I do not hurry my applique by hand. I just take it stitch by stitch, relax in my chair with my Ott light beaming down on my work. Sondra had a lapboard she was giving away after college and I took it and it has been wonderful for when I do applique to give me a little table.

Just wanted to share this block.............many many circles. I love all the different fabrics and colors coming together!

1 comment:

kristi said...

Oh Judy, I am so happy to finally see what you and Ille are up to. I know you are both getting such a giggle from this joyful pattern. I want to see this one when you are both done.

So glad to hear you say you do not rush your applique, but instead you savor each stitch. I think the world just might be ready for Slow Stitching. love you bunches, Kristi