Monday, October 29, 2007

Pieceful Hearts Quilt Show

Here are a few of the quilts I put in the Pieceful Hearts Quilt Show, held in North Augusta, South Carolina, the weekend of October 19-20, 2007. The lighthouse quilt above won first place in the Group Quilt category. These beautiful lighthouses were stitched and given to me when I moved away from Augusta, Georgia, 7 years ago. It took me a long time to decide exactly how to set them and get them quilted but now this quilt is complete! Thank you, my PHQ friends for the wonderful memories!
This is Wayne's Travel quilt and it won first place in the large Bed category. Many photos of our trips to Utah and other national parks out west.
This quilt is named Red Clamshells. Everyone kept asking where are the clamshells. It is in Kaffe Fassett's book, Museum Quilts, and I bought the kit of fabrics 2 years ago and made the quilt, doing a lot of fussy cutting to look like the one in the book. His cover quilt is a true clamshell quilt but also very difficult so he designed this one with a similar look, but no clamshells and his was called Square Clamshells.........thus the name.
This was a quilt using up some of my stash of thirties reproduction fabrics and several different whites are in the background. Still have more thirties left, though.
The above quilt was from a block/fabric exchange within the Pieceful Hearts Guild in the late nineties. I bordered it with teal fabrics and pieced the backing with many teals also from my stash and its name is "Teal We Meet Again", in memory of all those that shared in the exchange.

I'll have some more photos soon! See, I really do quilt, I just don't blog too often! Judith

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks