Wednesday, June 20, 2007

and you thought Bob could only quilt!


A few days ago, Doug, my son, emailed me this picture of one of his hiking packs, wondering if I could do some repairs on it. As you can see, it needed a little repair. He came over today and we 'reworked' the pack, giving it a brand new top, patching mesh that had ripped, reinforcing seams, etc. Ater all, this pack has hiked the PCT and the AT also........just check out his link on my page.

As you can see, "Bob", was able to help, I was able to do the darning much easier this way.














Now here is the repaired pack - looks almost like a brand new pack! Now it's ready for Doug and his wife, Dora, to go hiking in July.










Don't you just love this bright and cheerful quilt? This is a little baby quilt that Laurie made and I just got it quilted for her, using the splash pattern. She makes the most fun, happy quilts, always using such bright and cheerful colors! It's headed for New York to brighten someone's life!

1 comment:

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

fun stuff...hmm are you in your gees bends phase???