This is my Allietare completed - the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt from last year. I did a straight border instead of scalloped like she suggested - a lot of stitching in this quilt but a feeling of accomplishment when it is completed - plus all the fun of sewing along with others on the same project.
The following are blocks from my Sarah Fielke Happy Days BOM this year. I can't imagine how these are all going to look together. I am depending on some 24 stars not shown to pull this all together, plus the borders. Wow, is it bright and colorful!
Many different techniques were used. Above were hexagons that were large enough I used the "starch appliqué" method instead of glue or hand basting. It worked great.
Lots of appliqué . . .
and several have been paper pieced.
I'm still wondering how this orange block will fit in with the rest - a difficult appliqué block but like eating an elephant - one "stitch at a time" got it done and many many hours! I'm hoping all the other spots of orange will make it blend well.
Our group got together a couple of weeks ago with Jane back in town and we had show and tell!
Wonda finished two quilts she worked on at our retreat . . .
and Gerry had her strawberry quilt ready for a quilter. I can't for the life of me remember this pattern name - something to do with strawberries and she put redwork she did by hand in all of the center blocks.
I think this was Gerry's also! Very pretty soft colors - reminds me of Robyn Randolph fabrics from years ago - and they may be! Happy Stitching!!