Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lollypop Trees Quilted!

It may not be very easy to see these pictures, but I have completed my Lollypop Trees quilt! That is very exciting for me as this project has been ongoing for several years, but such an enjoyable journey. I enjoyed every applique stitch. Wish I could say the same about the quilting as it was quite a difficult quilt but worth the effort.

Lollypop Trees is in a quilt show this weekend in North Augusta, SC at the North Augusta Activities Center. I hope to get some better pictures with it hung properly.
Here are just a couple of close-ups of the blocks. Now, let's see what project I'll work on next! Oh, I know, I'll finish my Flower Pots that are just lacking a few tiny circles.

8 comments:

LuAnn said...

Oh Judith This is just a work of art. Your quilting is wonderful. I love all of the swirls and feathers you have added. I'm glad it will be hanging in a show for others to enjoy, too. I never get tired of looking at those Kaffe fabrics in a project.

Pinkadot Quilts said...

GORGEOUS!!!! Congratulations on a very beautiful finish!!!

Nancy said...

Wow Judy, this turned out really beautiful the quilting just makes it.
Maybe you will do mine for me if I ever finish it.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I admire all of you that do applique. I dabble in it occasionally but can't stick with it. Your quilt is beautiful!!! And finished? a double bonus!!

Lurline said...

Just gorgeous and congratulations on a wonderful finish!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Tammy said...

Judith, Wow! Your quilt is absolutely beautiful. I think there was a pattern similar to it in our county fair this last summer. It's breathtaking.

Jane in Cumbria said...

Beautiful! Congratulations! I am sure it will look wonderful hanging in the show.
Jane

Heather said...

Just lovely! Congrats on finishing it. My Flower Pots has been finished and waiting to put on my longarm. Seeing your finish is inspiring me to get going.