Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cool New Ruler

I just discovered this 'cool new ruler' last week. I'm a huge fan of Omnigrid/Omnigrip rulers anyway and I know sometimes though, you just have so many lines and markings that you have to check really close every cut you make to be sure you are on the correct line. It looks like this ruler just makes it simpler for some very popular cuts.The ruler is 5" x 25", for starters. There are lines for cutting 1 1/2" strips (Honey Buns), 2 1/2" strips (think jelly rolls of your own!!). As you can see in the above photos, one end has markings for a perfect 5" square, and also 4 1/2" square, with the diagonal lines drawn, too.
The opposite end has a 4" square plus the 5", for all the charm squares you want, 'dessert rolls' (the ruler says) layer cakes with the 10" markings, etc. I'm probably way behind the times on this but maybe it's new to you, too, and I wanted to share my cool find!!

3 comments:

LuAnn said...

I'll have to keep an eye out for that ruler. I was cutting up some of my stash into my own jelly rolls, and was off 1/4" on several cuts. Also, your flower pot blocks in your earlier post are just beautiful.

Clare said...

Cool ruler!

Tamera said...

That IS cool! I'll need to keep my eye out for it, too!