Friday, January 22, 2010

Hickory Knob Retreat Projects

Remember the Diagonal Madness class with Kaffe Fassett? Here is Margaret's quilt which she worked on all weekend. Now all she has left are the nine patches for the borders! What gorgeous colors and fabrics!
This is a block I made for Sue's "whoops" 60th birthday which she celebrated this week. I'm a member of a group in the Pieceful Heart's Quilt Guild that when you turn either 50 or 60, many contribute blocks to make you a quilt. These are Sue's favorite colors. A gorgeous center is being made showing her garden. I'll have to post that also.
This was a little Christmas project I worked on at Hickory Knob, also on my list of quilts to make this year, Christmas Munchies. I only took easy projects as I can't focus that well with 50 other people sewing in the room with me. This way I could socialize and still sew.
Here are some of the finished blocks for my tablecloth that I posted earlier. I did not have a good place to lay them out at the retreat so brought them home as blocks. This is a Turning Twenty Again quilt which should really brighten the kitchen!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Cute quilts! You were really busy at the retreat. Your list is getting shorter.