Monday, January 4, 2010

Diagonal Madness & Cherries Tablecloth

For the New Year, I began working on my Diagonal Madness quilt again - a Kaffe Fassett class I took in late October. It's been on my design wall all this time so I've had plenty of time to see what I think is working and what is not. I have sewn the first third of the rows together which also helps them stay on the board better. I am still auditioning many fabrics. It is hard to get the vertical rows to stand out enough so many squares have been put up and then taken down again. This is a great quilt to do to play with color, which I truly enjoy!
I need to make a new tablecloth for our kitchen and not wanting to go out and buy more fabrics, decided to use some cherry fabrics which I collected from quilt shops in Michigan when we went there for vacation in 2008. I am doing the Turning Twenty Again pattern and need sixteen blocks so needed sixteen fabrics. I did have to add a few more that did not have cherries but I think they will blend in well and help with my goal of 'quilting from my stash' this year! I'll definitely be having more pieced backs, too, as I don't normally buy large pieces of fabric.

No comments: