Monday, December 7, 2009

Carolina Christmas Quilt

I always seem to get in the mood in December to begin a Christmas quilt, but, of course, don't have the time to sew it. I decided to at least begin the mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville, called Carolina Christmas. Above are my fabrics I have pulled for starters. To challenge myself, I often put limitations on my quilts. I am only going to use fabrics from my stash, even for the backing. That should take abouto 20 yards out of my closet when completed since it is a bed-size quilt.
Above are my neutrals all pressed and ready to go!
The first step is sewing some 2 1/2" strips of gold and neutrals together and then subcutting. I have now completed step 1. At least that was an easy step to do. I used the June Tailor shape cutter which seemed to speed up the subcutting. Now onto step 2. Thanks, Siobhan, of Scraps and Threadtales for your inspiration!

No comments: