Monday, June 29, 2009

Lollypops and Fig Trees

Here is the last Lollypop block that I completed. I think this makes 11 out of 16. Getting there.....!

Recently I came across a verse in Habakkuk which was put to music in the early seventies on an album called Prepare Ye the Way, Part 2. I think my Dad probably gave me both of the albums and I nearly wore them out playing them because I loved the music so. It was all scripture put to music which was kind of new in those days. Here are the verses, which are so fitting at this time when so many are suffering without jobs and the economy is rocking and people feel uncertain about their future.

Habakkuk 3:17-18
Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.

Now, if you want to hear this music, click on the link below and find song #10. Though the Fig Tree, and hit the play button. You can purchase the music but also just play it. Enjoy!! I know it will bring back memories for some but is still beautiful and true today!

http://mp3.rhapsody.com/scripture-in-song/prepare-ye-the-way-part-two

1 comment:

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

wow...gorgementeous...i love it...no i will not make one i will not make one i will not make one